What is SureSmile?
SureSmile is a treatment that uses clear aligner trays to gently move teeth into place. The trays are worn in a series over time to create a beautiful smile. SureSmile is a popular alternative to traditional braces, and does not have any brackets or wires. The SureSmile trays are discrete and are comfortable when worn, and do not cause gum or mouth irritation.
The SureSmile aligner trays are worn anywhere between 20-22 hours a day. The time worn each day depends on the patient’s treatment plan and the level of correction needed. SureSmilen trays are easily removable for drinking and eating, and have a blue indicator to let patients know when they have worn the trays for the required amount of time each day. The blue indicator is great for teens using SureSmile, and helps parents know if their child has worn their trays for the correct amount of time.
Who is a Good Candidate for SureSmile?
Having that beautiful straight smile is important, and we want our patients to be proud of their smile. A smile is the first thing you see, and our team will listen to each patient’s goals to ensure we get you the results you desire. SureSmile is a popular choice for both teens and adults. This treatment helps if you have overcrowding, chewing, or overbite issues. Older teens and adults can follow the instructions daily and ensure the trays are worn for the required amount of time. On average SureSmile treatment takes between 6-18 months which is comparable to the treatment time for traditional braces. During our SureSmile consultation process we will discuss each patient’s age, level of correction, and smile goals to help to choose which orthodontic treatment is best.
What are the Benefits of SureSmile?
- The clear aligner trays can be easily removed for eating and drinking.
- There are fewer food restrictions compared to other treatments.
- The clear aligners can be easily cleaned or rinsed.
- The clear aligners are smooth and comfortable, and there is no gum or mouth irritation with SureSmile.
- The clear aligners are easy to remove to play sports or a musical instrument
- SureSmile builds confidence and improves self-esteem.
- SureSmile is a discrete treatment using clear aligner trays with no brackets are wires.
If you or your family member is interested in finding out more about SureSmile and how this treatment can benefit you, call Mark S. Murphy, DDS, Inc. to schedule your consultation.